Friday, February 21, 2014

Easter Inspired

Good morning!  Here is another sample I shared at the party.  In terms of how much stamping and time was involved, it pretty Clean and Simple, but the detail in the images gives it a much more elaborate feel. To color these flowers form Stately Flowers 8, watch my video and substitute a pink for the BV31 Pale Lavender. on the petals.  The pink touches make these orange blossoms a bit  more like stargazer lilies.  I love the shape these flowers make, and even more so the way the petals "nest" together when you flip the image and stamp it above the first. You can almost "draw" an oval around the two bunches with your eyes (Fabergé egg?) and I just think it makes such a pleasing layout on this Pure Luxury White and Bubblegum Pink card.  I stamped the greeting into the white space and accented with the sets two butterflies (stamped in black and colored with green  Finish with a pearl and this two layer card is complete.

A new video for you on Monday!  I've packed a lot of tips into this one, and think you are going to love it.  Have a terrific weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Melanie- after this rough Wi winter, this makes me want Spring, even more. What a lovely creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie, what a beautiful card. I am so anxious to get my new stamp set and get busy with these flowers. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I love this the black flutterbees, inspiring

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)