Thursday, February 27, 2014

Long Stemmed, Two Toned, Masked and More Video



Hello!  I have a lot packed a lot of tips into today's short video!  For this single layer card, watch how I mask the two flowers, add contrasting colors for a two toned effect, and bend and elongate the stems so you can easily customize the image to fill out your different layouts.  Please enjoy!  Gina will be sharing this video next Monday, but *my* blog readers  get first look!  :)  Thanks for being a subscriber!  If you are not already, please sign up or follow me so you don't miss a post.

Supplies: Stately Flowers 8
Gina K. Black Onyx ink
Gina K. Pure Luxury White Baseweight cardstock
Copics: B79, B66, B63, Y19, YG67, G21
Spellbinders A2 Matting Basic B die and die cutting machine
(scissors and scratch paper for masking)

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card. Thanks for the great video with all the tips.Your flowers are all gorgeous, but I think this is the prettiest one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love watching your videos. You help me every time. I am a see it, do it kind of person and I love watching and listening to your videos
    tFs
    Elly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, but how did you get the matting basics not to cut it into a layer? Could you reply my email addie at your convenience? Holfi1@msn.com
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie, you make it look so easy! I sure hope I can do half as good. I need to place an order soon for the sets I could not order before and you can be sure this is on my list. I love the Iris image and like the extended stems you created and the extra leafy foliage added. It all adds so much to the completed card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful! I love the the long stems....never would have thought to do that. The two tone is gorgeous! Thanks for all of the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing coloring. You explain it so well, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow & wow.. This is just stunning. Gorgeous coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the videos. Very helpful to see you color your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goodness, that is insanely pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Melanie, got the new stamps and am loving the iris.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this iris and card. Maybe my favorite flower. If you do a Stately Flowers 9, sure would like a Stargazer Lily. Thanks for all your stamps and cards. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Joan, Thanks for asking! Yes, there will be several more stately flowers sets, but they only contain the official US state flowers. (There is no reason why I couldn't do a stargazer in another set, though) ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this card. My sister and I tried this at home. Got everything colored and went to use the die for embossing using the cuddlebug as your video showed. Unfortunately it cut with no embossing. We normally emboss on the A plate then put 2 rubber mats, CS for shim and then the C plate. Is GinaK 120lb CS harder to emboss?

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)