Monday, September 29, 2014

Video: Stamping Striped Backgrounds with Fabulous Frame and Fillers

Hello!  So sorry for no video last week, I am playing catch up! Today I will show you a simple way to fill your backgrounds with the curved and straight borders from Fabulous Frame Fillers, whether you are creating your own patterned papers, single layer card bases or adding to the Fabulous Frame stamp (back in stock! woot!). This is a very festive card that is easily mass produced for the holidays with no or very little layering, requiring minimal cardstock and no extra postage!  We’ll do some stamping off to create the two colors of stripes and a little masking.  This design can be adapted to other holidays by switching up the border, belly band fillers and colors.  Coloring flower takes 4 minutes. Stamping the striped pattern begins at 9:00 minutes in and takes about 4 minutes.  This is a quick but detailed card!


Supplies: Gina K, Designs Fabulous Frame and Fabulous Frame Fillers stamp sets
Gina K. Pure Luxury White or Ivory cardstock
Gina K. Cherry Red and Dark Chocolate ink pads
Spectrum Noir markers: DR3, DR7, DG3, BG3, GB8
Copic alternatives: R29, R59, YG95, YG99, Y28, W-3
Scissors for trimming frame, sticky notes for masking

Optional: Gina K. gold cording, adhesive pearls, punch for tag, Cherry Red or Cranberry Tart cardstock for base

Apologies, I realized after I finished the video that I forgot to add the shadow to the flower with the BG3 marker! (Doh!) Refer to card photo and trace underside the flower and leaves.

6 comments:

  1. I just love how you color things. It always amazes me how lovely they look when you do it, but when I try somehow it doesn't seem to have that same quality. Oh, well, glad you show us how to do things the proper way. At least then I can sort of get the same results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fabulous way to use these sets! And the coloring is wonderful! I will definitely try to make some holiday cards with these sets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie, thanks for another beautiful card. You are such an inspiration. Love your videos!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card! So creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful Melanie. I love how you colored and focused on your flower image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really outdid yourself with this beautiful set of stamps. You are such an inspiration. I want to go play with my set but just have not had the time. Believe me, I will find the time this week.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)