Friday, March 13, 2015

Video: Sponged Bokeh in Minutes

Good morning! Bokeh is one of the hottest trends in stamping, cardmaking and papercrafting, and you can achieve this look quickly and easily with your sponge daubers! If you don’t have sponge daubers try circle stamp in various sizes, like in my Lots of Letters or Pretty Patterns sets.  Be sure to stamp and stamp off in each color you choose to create the different shades and hazy quality that is signature to bokeh.
Lovely as a background to make your images pop, or used on its own with a stylish sentiment for a clean and simple card, you will love adding this technique to your repertoire!  Please enjoy!  I made the sample above with Stately Flowers 9, but in the demonstration I used Stately Flowers 4 because I had not yet colored the carnation from that set in a video.

Apologies for the sniffling and not being as articulate as I would like, I am getting a cold. :( And smudging my card right before I started rolling was no joke!  I actually sponged on more circles to cover the boo boos (instead of trimming like I said I might, seemed like too much of a "cheat". I "made it work!")  See? :)




Supplies:
Gina K. Designs Stately Flowers 4
Gina K Pure Luxury Heavy Base Weight White cardstock
Gina K. Black Onyx, Grass Green, Wild Lilac, and Blue Raspberry ink pads
Spectrum Noir markers CG2, CG4, HB2 (Copic suggestions: YG95, YG67, and B66, sorry I forgot to show the charts)
Sponge daubers, different sizes (OR, round stamps in different sizes, try Melanie’s Lots of Letters set) Pencil erasers work, too!  or try the ends of wine corks for the small daubers!

3 comments:

  1. absolutely beautiful and what a simple technique ...can not wait to try it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card, awesome tutorial. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT????? You got a smudge on your card??? But I thought you were perfect and NEVER did that!! Guess you're human after all...lol. Gorgeous cards, both. Love this technique, I will try it!Thanks again for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)